How to Bake Brownies in your Coffee Mug in Less than 10 Mins
Everyone loves to relish a sweet delight when arriving home after an exhausting day at work. By the time you reach home you don't really have the time or energy to indulge into complex bakery formulas. You want something quick, easy and super delicious. Other times, you might want to offer your friends a rapid snack that can be prepared easily without any hassle.
If you don't have kids at your place, you'll probably find a bunch of leftover candy in the kitchen cabinets or chocolates in the refrigerator. So why not put your leftover chocolates and sweets to a better use and bake taste bud tingling microwave mug brownies at the leisure of your home.
Mug cakes and brownies were basically created just for these short notice scenarios. Another benefit of mug based bakery is that they yield just 1-2 servings which make it easy for those who are on a planned diet. Be warned; don't overdo them as brownies are sinfully rich in calories!
Here's What You'll Need to Make 2 Servings of Mouth Watering Brownies
You'll need a 12 ounce coffee mug and a microwave oven as far as the apparatus is concerned.
- 30 grams of chocolate, preferably dark
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1/4 cup of brown or white sugar
- 20 ml beaten egg
- 2 pinches of common salt
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 pinches of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Preparation time: 3 mins (may vary)
Cook time: 2 mins
Ready in: 5 mins
Yields: 2 Servings
- Break or cut the chocolates into pieces. Place the chocolate pieces in a small bowl along with butter and microwave on medium for about a minute. Stir the mixture until smooth and properly melted.
- In a separate container, beat sugar, vanilla and egg thoroughly. When the mixture is properly blended, add in the melted chocolate mixture and beat until smooth.
- Lastly, add flour, salt and baking powder to the prepared mixture and stir well.
- Evenly pour the brownie batter into two 12-ounce coffee mugs.
- Microwave on high for approximately 50-60 seconds. Make sure you don't overbake it.
- Allow the brownies to cool for about 20 minutes to avoid burning your mouth. While waiting, utilize your time in making coffee or watching live score, that'll give you something to do as the aroma of cooling brownies fills your house, tempting you to dig in soon!
- Enjoy with hot coffee or a glass of cold milk.
Variations & Add-ins
If you’re the type of person that likes more value, follow the given instruction to put the cherry on top.
- Drop a little peanut butter or swirl some caramel ice cream on top of the brownie batter before microwaving.
- Serve your brownie with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge for a more rich taste.
- You can also add a few chocolate chips, M&M's or toffee bits into the brownie batter before baking.
- If you like nutty textured brownies then mix roasted peanuts, walnuts, almonds, cashews or a combination of nuts to further enhance the flavor.
Some tips for making delicious microwave baked brownies:-
- Though you can use regular milk chocolate but it is recommended that you opt for dark chocolate for the richest brownies.
- If you're short on chocolate, you can substitute it by 2 tablespoons of cocoa and 1 tablespoon of water. Cocoa based brownies have a more cake-like texture.
- For less sweeter brownies, reduce the sugar content by one-third.
- For gluten-free brownies, substitute unbleached flour with white rice flour or corn flour in the recipe.
- Brownies made with butter have a richer texture than the ones made with oil.
- Using brown sugar will add a rich, caramel flavor to the brownies. You can also try a blend of white and brown sugar.
- Omit additional salt if you're using salted butter.
- Break an egg into a bowl and beat it using a fork. Use one half of the eggshell to scoop out the additional raw egg.
- Refrigerate the leftover beaten egg for later use.
- Put all the ingredients right in the mug for a quick brownie. When making two mug brownies, prepare the batter in a bowl and pour it evenly into two mugs.
- Use Orient's 1200 watt microwave oven for the desired results.
- Place one mug at a time in the microwave oven to ensure even cooking.
- For fudgy brownies bake 50 seconds and for chewy ones 60 seconds will suffice. Be careful with the baking process, overcooking may spoil the taste.
- Allow the brownies to cool for least 20 minutes before eating.
Do try this amazing recipe and let us know your feedback. If you have more creative ideas for making microwave brownies, feel free to drop in your comments in the section below.